Palatine Jaycees Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Statement 2023
The Palatine Jaycees goal is to increase opportunities for all members of our chapter and our community through diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. A diverse, equal, inclusive and accessible environment gives our members, potential members and volunteers the opportunity to express who they are no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religious beliefs, political affiliation, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability in a welcoming and supportive environment. The Jaycees aim to meet members where they are and provide members with the resources they need to succeed. The Palatine Jaycees are committed to partnering with a variety of groups and organizations across the Palatine community to help provide educational opportunities for our members and community to continue to learn and grow about diverse experiences and cultures.
As a community organization that values diversity and access, the Jaycees are dedicated to tackling inequity and creating an inclusive and welcoming environment that inspires true relationships to build and grow. We strive to have our membership reflect the diversity of the communities we wish to serve and are committed to growing our projects, events and trainings that advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This statement has encouraged us to create the following goals:
- Create a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Liaison to implement DEIA trainings, projects, and events throughout the year
- Create a quarterly DEIA section in our monthly newsletter to help educate our members about DEIA topics
- Incorporate diversity trainings to educate our members
- Collaborate and partner with a diverse range of organizations within our community to hold and attend events and educate our members about these communities
- Recognize and honor holidays that are celebrated throughout our community
- Evaluate our meetings, trainings, and event spaces for accessibility
- Work to create an accessible website and marketing materials to reach various communities within Palatine
We promise to continue to actively support and partner with our growing and diverse community to educate our chapter in our ever-changing world. The Jaycees actively explore new diverse and inclusive programs, trainings and events that stand against racism and support equity.